Speaking Engagements & Meetings for 2016
Speaking Engagements & Meetings for 2015
2014 Speaking Engagements & Meetings
International Builders Show – Las Vegas, NV A Playbook for 50+ Domination Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:00am – 9:00am Location: North 260 This session turns typical 50+ housing research on its head and instead, comes at it from a consumer perspective – without pre-conceived biases from the developer or home builder. The audience will experience a real-time, live research seminar that delivers quantitative and qualitative results, with the panel of experts translating live results into viable business strategies. Topics such as housing product design, options and upgrades, lifestyle theming, amenities, services, pricing and HOA fees will also be discussed.The result is a solid playbook full of marketing and sales strategies, no matter the type of property. Learning Outcomes:
- Discover how to use research to create a truly consumer-centric community.Discover how to use research to create a truly consumer-centric community.
- Understand how to position a new 50+ community by translating consumer response into viable development, planning, design, marketing and sales strategies.
- Develop a marketing and sales strategy that will ensure an initial burst of sales and set-up long-term momentum.
- Jane O’Connor, MIRM, CAASH, 55 Plus, LLC, Charlemont, MA
- Margaret Wylde, ProMatura Group LLC, Oxford, MS
- Deborah Blake, The Ipsum Group LLC, Litchfield, Park, AZ
How to Attend: Attendees must have a full registration or a one-day education registration for the day of the session. Seating for Building Knowledge sessions will be on a first-come, first-served basis. International Builders Show – Las Vegas, NV Retooling 50+ Sales Strategies to Ride the Recovery Wave Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:00pm – 2:00pm Location: North 252 The market rebound it is being felt nearly everywhere in the U.S. So, why are some 50+ communities experience occupancy challenges, slow momentum and falling short of budgeted absorption goals? Two case studies of 50+ communities will illustrate the issues that can undermine sales, and offer solutions. The session will look at product choice, the sales process and the use of technology, and how to improve sales through staff training. The panelists – a builder, a sales/marketing executive and an expert consultant – will present approaches that will help you remove the barriers to selling success. Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze and correct internal stumbling blocks that contribute to sluggish sales momentum.
- Learn continuous courtship strategies designed to move customers closer to a sale by bringing them back for return visits and heightening their emotional appeal to your community.
- Determine how to meet the budgeted goals of your communities by using lifestyle closing strategies to win more sales.
- Jane O’Connor, MIRM, CAASH, 55 Plus, LLC, Charlemont, MA
- William Honan, Highland Green Management, Topsham, ME
How to Attend: Attendees must have a full registration or a one-day education registration for the day of the session. Seating for Building Knowledge sessions will be on a first-come, first-served basis. 2013 Past Speaking Engagements 55+ Housing Council Breakfast – Huntington Beach CA Rethink…Retool…Refine. Sales & Marketing Strategies for Boomers and Beyond. Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:00am – 9:30am Learn insights into the profile of 55+ buyers and what it takes to build trust, loyalty and increase sales. Whether your focus is for sale, for rent or care-giving markets, you’ll be introduced to refined methods to improve your profitability. Come and be inspired by ideas on how to rethink, retool and refine your sales and marketing strategies for Boomers and beyond. International Builders Show – Las Vegas, NV A Fresh Approach to 55+ Sales Success Featuring Role Play Roulette January 22, 2013 2:30pm – 4:00pm Location: North 252 The anticipated housing recovery necessitates a fresh approach to selling to 55+ customers. The face of our customer has changed; their lifestyle preferences have changed; so the process of communication and selling must change. Don’t gamble on success; the risk is too high today! Learn from 3 noted experts in 55+ sales management, sales education and sales training as they share winning strategies and a brand new approach to triumph in 2013 55+ sales. This fast-paced, interactive program will focus on critical areas to guide your sales team in mastering the art and science of selling to today’s 55+ customer. Exciting live role playing roulette will transform the sales encounter from a game of chance by increasing the odds of conversion. Learn how to dissolve objections faced every day. The session will be topped off with each participant receiving a deck of timely flashcards as a take-away to start to put the techniques and strategies presented into play immediately. Learning Outcomes:
- To sell successfully you must know your buyers. Attendees will be able to identify today’s trifecta of distinct 55+ buyer characteristics: Silents in their seventies, Boomers over 63, and Boomers 55+. Silents enjoying the fruits of their highly productive middle age are motivated by intergenerational harmony. Boomers entering elderhood are society’s visionaries, motivated by their legacy of leadership. Second-wave boomers in middle age are judgmental, motivated to action by demonstrable value.
- WIN your customer’s mind and heart through the newest art in enhanced discovery. Use a stage of life-dependent emphasis either on the problems in their current situation, lifestyle solutions you are able to offer, your pricing strategies, or their unspoken emotional barriers to a commitment. PLACE your bet on role play roulette, an innovative way to experience precisely how easily you can overcome and anticipate prospect objections.
- Learn little-known techniques for exciting and motivating your 55+ customers by artfully selling lifestyle and design. Discover how demonstrating internally within the house as well as externally within the community can garner greater sales. See in live, roulette-role-playing format how soft multiple closings really work.
- Jane O’Connor, MIRM, CAASH, 55 Plus, LLC
- Tom Richey, Richey Resources, CAASH, MIRM
- Gian Hasbrock, MIRM, MCSP, CGP, CRS